1.17.2009

It Takes a Lot of Crazy to Get a Goofy...

Dad lived! And he finished the half and full marathons earning him not only the Donald duck and Mickey medals, but a Goofy medal for registering and completing both! More importantly, I reiterate, Dad lived! Yay Dad!
Mickey land was so much fun, it got up to 80 degrees one day! It was funny to watch AJ stare in awe and amazement at characters he had watched in movies or on TV shows. He always looked dumbfounded, like he didn't know how they found him or got out of the TV or something. When he met Buzz Lightyear and Woody, he was speechless until the second we walked out of the door, then he said, "To infiniby, and beyond!" and grinned from ear to ear. In every picture, he's either facing the character instead of the camera or just staring in amazement, no smiling ever. I take that back, when he met the toy soldier from Toy Story, he had a different reaction...he cried. I guess he isn't into war and armies like his daddy!
On our last night there, we went to the Magic Kingdom to watch the light parade and the fireworks, both of which everyone enjoyed. I managed to fight off a cold until the day we all left. It's a head cold and everything was stuffed up so I was not excited about getting on an airplane! Needless to say, my head felt like it was going to explode when we were making our descent into O'Hare, so I was glad to finally get back on the ground. Before we even took off, I called in sick for the next day knowing it was only going to get worse. I was right. I spent Wednesday laying in bed watching TV, then unpacking and sorting laundry. Then I forced myself downstairs, started my laundry, made some lunch, and laid on the couch watching TV, only getting up to switch my laundry, get more water, go to the bathroom (which was my most frequent activity that day, I really did drink a lot of water!), and answer the door to tell the child whom I could barely understand that I didn't need her to shovel my driveway, but thanks.
Thursday and Friday, my box of tissues and I went to work, albeit reluctantly. Every day I feel slightly better, but my poor nose looks worse. It's days like these when I wish that I was on hiatus right now like Sydney and could just stay at home drinking OJ and water and laying on the couch instead of trying to get people to understand what I'm saying in my "man voice" coupled with congestion. At least my coworkers are getting a few days of entertainment from my illness. Clearly they are easily amused! I'm working for a few hours today, then I have tomorrow off. I'm hoping to use the 36 hour stretch to rest and recover with limited talking so that I can get my voice back to "normal", though I always sound congested so normal will only help so much!
So to sum up the past week and a half: Yay Dad and Mickey! :P Boo head cold! >:(

2 comments:

Gramama said...

You're on a roll! keep it up. Love to read what you are thinking.

Sydney said...

yay update! no pictures though!

i'm heading out to brave the fridgid temps to run errands. wish i could stay in today, but at least I'll feel productive beyond my morning yoga.