11.25.2008

I would like to start off by thanking everyone for their comments on my last post. It was nice to have more than two, although I thought that some of the responses could have been a little more understanding of my lack of posts. We have all established by now that I don't have much of a life outside of work so this won't be a very exciting blog. In fact, I put that out there in my very first post: "Clearly my life isn't anywhere as exciting as moving to NYC and spotting random celebrities or seeing life through a set of two year old eyes again." There you go. I admited it early, I'm not in denial.

Moving on. Today is Tuesday. Tomorrow is Wednesday. I know that you're all, "No sh*#, Sherlock" but maybe you don't know that tonight, Mom and I are starting the drive to Virginia. Then on Wednesday, we're finishing it and get to see Michelle and the AJ! Then of course comes Thursday and Turkey Day and Sydney flying in! So I'm kind of super excited. The only thing putting a damper on my mood is that I've been at work since before 7:45 this morning and I won't be leaving until after 7 tonight. Like I already told my coworker, Siena (pronounced seen-uh), I don't want to talk about it. So yeah.

We're pretty much ready to go. Mom and I packed all of the random stuff that has to go with us (Syd's Christmas decorations, some random hand-me-down toys from the neighbor for AJ, and a ton of Christmas presents that we won't have to ship now) and a bunch of grocery items for Thursday's meal. I threw my bag in as I left for work this morning so all that's left is Mom's stuff and the cooler. The plan is to get to Ohio and get about 4 hours of driving in before we stop tonight. Then we'll (hopefully) get on the road early enough tomorrow morning that we can have a few quality hours of AJ time once we get to VA.

Oh, one last thing. More of a forewarning than a thing. Anyone who will see and be in a car with a cd player with me over the next few days will be subjected, almost constantly, to Sara Bareilles' cd, Little Voice. Best. CD. EVER! Just prepare yourself.

That is all, Happy Early Turkey Day everyone!

2 comments:

Sydney said...

i <3 that you write "THE AJ," not just AJ.

Gramama said...

Loved the drive to VA. Wonderful bed at the Hampton Inn outside of Toledo. Did Not Like to 13 hr drive home! But you were a wonderful travel companion.