11.02.2008

Fondant is Fun-dant!

So ignore the stupid title, I wasn't feeling extremely creative tonight. I did, however, import a couple month's worth of photos onto my computer so I thought that I would post and do a massive, Reader's Digest version of an update on my life.

Sydney came for a visit for the last couple of weeks in September during her off-time between a couple of shows. It was nice to have her around for a couple of weeks. We even got to celebrate our friend Samantha's birthday while Sydney was here. Here's the obligatory photo op in the car:
While Sydney was visiting, Michelle and AJ flew out and we drove down to Southern IN for a couple of days to visit with the clan down there. Since we were visiting with Grandma, swimming was a must and AJ thoroughly enjoyed himself:We got back from visiting the family and Dad took us to the Purdue v Notre Dame game in South Bend. So here's touchdown Jesus:
And Sydney and I getting bored with losing and taking a photo op break:
But alas, Sydney, Michelle, and AJ left me. So I had to go back to the normal life of work and no one to entertain me when I wasn't at work. Cue sad face. Anyway, I have been taking a cake decorating class since the beginning of September. The only down side is that it's on Thursday nights so I don't get to watch my Ugly Betty and Grey's until Friday or sometime on the weekend. That's what they invented DVR for! We've worked a lot with buttercream. I've gotten much better at torting cakes and they're pretty level when I finish filling and stacking them now. We made homemade fondant and chocolate ganache. There's been a lot of baking, piping, spreading, rolling, cutting, chilling, and decorating going on the last couple of months. I have a couple of pictures of the two fondant cakes I've done. I'll post pictures of the other cakes I've done when I have those photos uploaded. For now, here's the two fondant cakes:


That's basically been my life the last couple of months. Last night I went out with a bunch of work people. One of them is a friend Sydney and I have from high school who just got engaged. She asked Sydney to be her maid of honor and last night she asked me to be one of her other bridesmaids! Yay for weddings and for having three years to plan showers and bachlorette parties! Congrats to Mike and Sam, we love you guys!

So there you go. Family, friends, football, and fondant...fun, fun, fun!

3 comments:

Our Wonderful Eyes said...

Your cakes look great! Good job with the fun-fondant. :o)

Sydney said...

ugh. i look horrid in those pictures. take them down! now!

the cakes look wonderful though and it seems like you're getting better. you should make a turkey cake next!!!

Michelle said...

love the cakes - so cute!