9.12.2008

Can you have your cake and eat it, too?

Yesterday was my day off so naturally I enjoyed it just for that reason alone. I got to sleep in (well, I was sleeping on and off between 7:30 and 8:45, but I didn't get out of bed until almost 9, so woo hoo for me!), then I supervised the dogs and watched some shows on the DVR while Mom went grocery shopping. I also started my laundry while she was gone. She got back and we put the groceries away. Then I took the staple gun outside to try and fix some of the holes in the lattice work that is up around the bottom of the deck to block the animals from getting underneath. The holes kind of defeat the purpose! That wasn't working so well. After going inside again to grab a hammer and a pair of wire clippers to remove the old staples, I managed to fix one part before the next section got me so frustrated that I went back inside. I washed the dirt and mulch off of my feet and legs, then Mom and I went to pick up my license plates! I haven't put them on yet, but they are in my car and I have until November before the temp plate expires, so I figure I'm good for a while. We had lunch and Coldstone (they have Nutter Butter ice cream, omg!!!) then went home.

The most exciting part of my day was that I started my cake decorating class last night. It's every Thursday night from 6-10pm and we're going to work with different kinds of frostings and learn how to use different pastry bag tips to make flowers, leaves, basket weave, and to write on cakes. All we did last night was see the classroom, the baking area, talk about all of the things we would be doing and what supplies we need or might want to have for class. I'm super excited to get everything I need this weekend and to get started with the actual baking, filling, and decorating next week. I mean, like, soooooo excited!!! I'll be taking my camera with me to class once we start producing cakes and I'll post so that you can see all of the prettiness that will be my cakes. And if mine don't look pretty, I'll be taking pictures of other people's cakes and passing them off as my own, so yeah.

No comments: