9.09.2008

Just a little FYI...

Let's see, what has been going on with me this past week? I set up insurance on my new car. Definately more expensive than what I've been paying as a sometimes driver on the Jetta, but when you hit 23, it's kind of hard to not be the principal driver on a car, especially when you're the one on the title and the loan. We got a letter from Toyota Financial Services letting us know that the car is officially paid off, woo hoo! I signed release papers so that State Farm could gain access to my medical records from the emergency room visit I made the day of my wreck. The check I deposited from State Farm cleared so now I'm just waiting for the check I wrote to the dealer to come out of my account.
The new fridge was delivered on Friday and it was ever so slightly too tall. So on Sunday, we took the cabinet above it down and shaved about a 1/2 inch off the bottom and ta-da! So the fridge is in its rightful place again after spending five days hanging out in the middle of the kitchen.
I worked on Saturday so I didn't get to watch Purdue win (GO BOILERS!!!) even though we finally have the Big Ten Network! The upside was that we snuck in a DVD player and had a movie day at work. It took us over four hours to watch one movie because we had to keep turning the TV off when customers came in, but at least it was more entertaining than staring at a computer screen all day! The two highlights of my weekend were on Sunday: a giant Coke Slurpee and the Bears winning their season opener at Indianapolis with Kyle Orton as starting quarterback!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Shoot - I tried this once and it didn't take, so here goes again.

It was a good weekend, wasn't it. But you didn't mention Dad who saved the too-tall fridge and worked out the great game plan that allowed the Bears to tramp on the Colts.

OK, maybe not all that. There was the dumb luck of having a finish carpenter working across the street at Ron's just when we needed the advice of a professional. But don't I get some love for wielding the rubber mallet that loosened the cabinet from the wall?